The Science of Attachment is the first course in the SOAR... The Effective Home Visitor Series. In this course, participants will explore and reflect on the research behind the science of attachment - the deep emotional bond between an infant and their primary caregiver. Learners will work through three objectives to understand the role of secure attachment relationships in children's cognitive and social-emotional development. Participants will explore various research-based strategies parents can practice, to foster secure attachment relationships with their children.Audience: Any home visitor or supervisor who supports families with young children. No background knowledge is necessary.
- Summarize attachment theory and recognize the importance of secure attachment relationships.
- Understand how secure attachment relationships influence healthy child development.
- Identify the research-based practices in which a parent/caregiver can foster a secure attachment relationship with their child.
Details of training logistics:
- Asynchronous (learn at your own pace)
- 3 modules with estimated times included for each
- Participants complete each module in order
- Course completion certificate provided