In this course learners will develop their understanding of a Strengths-Based Approach. Starting with a close look at what being strengths-based really means, participants will complete three objectives that walk through the fundamentals of taking a Strengths-Based Approach. By the end of the training, learners should feel confident in their ability to use a Strengths-Based Approach not only in professional practice, but in ALL their relationships.
Audience: Any home visitor or supervisor who supports families with young children. No background knowledge is necessary.
- To define a Strengths-Based Approach and identifying what it looks like in practice.
- To challenge you to think about the beliefs you bring into your practice and how the language you use reflects those beliefs.
- To help you better understand what it looks like to use a Strengths-Based Approach in your practice.
Throughout the online course, information is presented in various ways using interactive graphics, exercises that have components to click on, read, sort, and listening opportunities through video and audio narration.
Details of training logistics:
- Asynchronous (learn at your own pace)
- 3 modules with estimated times included for each
- Participants complete each module in order
- Course completion certificate provided